Friday, February 12, 2010

Delicious Seed Beads!

These are the seed beads that I can't seem to live without for my Spring 2010 jwewlry designs!   I found them on our trip up to the U.P. (see http://jennyschu.blogspot.com/2010/01/beads-and-yarn-in-upper-peninsula.html).  I have plenty of seed beads but I always seem to collect more.  My current fetish is for size 15/0 beads (2 sizes smaller than your average seed bead, the 11/0).  This necklace is only 3/8 of an inch wide and it look very delicate.

 I've gone through the first 10g bag and am on the second with this Russian Chain necklace that I'm working on.  I bought the only 2 that were left in the store and it looks like I am going to need more.  They're this delicious fuschia/red color that has a fiery finish to them.  This piece will be sure to make any outfit pop!  Be on the lookout as I will put it up on my Etsy site before it hits the Grove Gallery Co-op. (This necklace will be similiar to my "Midsummer's Fairy Dream Lariat" that sold in January. 




Also, on the same trip to the U.P. I had found this fabulous yarn that I couldn't help but buy (even though I never spend $22 for a ball of yarn).  I had mentioned it in that blog and here's a photo of it.  It's actually making me think about learning to spin.  My mother can spin but I never had any interest in it.  Now, knowing that I can spin anything together is making me chomp at the bit.

Yummy!

No comments:

Yes, And weaving update; Half Way

I am just about to the half way point on "Yes, And" which is in the the yellow weft, the brightest color in the middle of 9 differ...