Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Pixel and Hank Inspiration for my Bangle Fix!

This is more of what I was going for with the failure-bangle that was in my last blog.  I had to find a better focus for color inspiration and what better way to find it then buying a new hair piece for myself!  I had been watching this pretty hair clip on Etsy.com for a while and decided that it would go with the dress I'm wearing to an event this month. 

I actually came across a hair clip in the usual round-about way of internet surfing.  I love keeping up with the Tell Tale Photography Blog (http://www.telltalephotograpy.com/).  Melissa's photos are always so amazing.  She did a photo shoot with Pixel and Hank, posted them on her blog, and the photos were so great I had to wander over to the Pixel and Hank Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixelandhank from there I found and fell in love with the Shirley Hairclip!  http://www.etsy.com/listing/49207816/shirley-fushia-hair-clip


I sat on this one for a while though, I didn't have the right outfit to wear it with, I just loved the colors.  Well, I found the perfect brown summery dress and within about a week my first Pixel and Hank hairclip was mine!  I normally don't like to bother doing my hair, but I have a feeling I may get a hankering for another one.  Also check out Pixel and Hank's Blog: http://pixelandhank.blogspot.com/  They do wonderful pieces for weddings among other events.

Anyway, purchasing the Shirley hair clip was the answer to my desire to use these wonderful fuschia (or magenta) beads that I have and I will be hanging on to this one for a minute so I can wear it with the outfit it is to go with.  Maybe I'll get around to getting a photo too.

Now, back to business as I prep for the Ann Arbor Art Fair with the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild (we're about at the corner of East Williams and State Street).  I made earring cards today!

No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...