Monday, January 10, 2011

Beginner's Peyote Stitch Workshop at Nonpareil Studio, Ann Arbor

I'll be teaching a beginner's peyote stitch workshop coming up the first weekend in February at Michelle Moenssen's shop/studio, Nonpareil Studio.

Sunday, February 6, 2010.  1:30pm-4:30pm
Sign up now, I know there's only 4 spots left!


We will be learning peyote stitch while beading 2 beads at a time to make a bracelet with a button-and-loop closure.  Materials provided will be needle, thread, 11/0 seed beads, glass pearl for closure.  We will be beading on velvet mats and/or trays which I will have available for purchase if you would like to take one home for use.

This class is to jump-start you into beadweaving while still being able to make and finish a bracelet with less-tediousness than single-count peyote.  Beyond this class I would like students to be able to go home and experiment with one-bead at a time so that you may design more detailed patterns.  Depending on interest I will offer a follow-up class where we learn odd-count peyote and how to design using bead graph paper.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I really enjoyed the class on Sunday and learned so much. I can't wait to take more classes and further my beading skills. Your work is fabulous!

Jenny Schu said...

Thnks Melissa! I'm glad you had fun, I'll let you know when I line up another class at Nonpareil! Until then keep beading!

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...