Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Leaf Panel in Blue

After finishing the leaf panel for "She Can't See the Forest Through the Trees" I wanted to make another one (and another...and another....)


I had picked up this little vintage frame at Lamb's Gate Antiques in Old Town Lansing.  It seemed like the perfect base for this leaf panel.  Plus it's not nearly as overwhelmingly large.  The first leaf panel is much more open, and I wanted the leaves on this piece to be a little more packed together.  There was so much going on in it, and I still wanted that negative space within the frame, so I stitched leaves together until I was happy with this shape within the frame.

This piece is 12 in x 10 in x .75 in and will be on display at Grove Gallery for my "Creating a Nature" Exhibit which opens on March 3rd in downtown East Lansing.  If you're close, I hope you can make it out!

 
This activity was made possible in part by a grant from the

2 comments:

Christine said...

This is one of my favorite. It is so unique and mesmerizing. You work inspires me!

Jenny Schu said...

Thank you Christine! I really like this one too, blue is a color I wished I used more. Green and brown are my defaults though :)

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...