Sunday, August 24, 2014

Artist Residency in the Porcupine Mountains: Part 3


My second week at the Porkies began quite rainy and overcast.


You couldn't see Lake of the Clouds, because, well, it as in a cloud, so I hiked down to the lake:


Lake Superior was quite tumultuous.


But there was still lots to see, especially close-up.


This scenic outlook...still foggy.


I loved the way the fog was sitting in the forest.


Preque Isle was not foggy, definitely easy to hike and see lots!


Lake Superior Sunrise.


Lake of the Clouds later in the week once it cleared up.


As I was packing up to head home, it was still dark and tripped over this little guy.  I took it as nature making sure to see me off!

2 comments:

Rebecca Mezoff said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for posting them all. Looks like a marvelous place.

Jenny Schu said...

I think you and Emily might really enjoy this residency, you should look it up!

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...