Wednesday, December 31, 2014

NYE Beading in the car, Bangle and Earrings


I booked a formal Gala Ball for NYE in Hot Springs Arkansas so I packed some beads to make something to match my dresses (I'm  still not sure just how formal I'm going, I packed 2 options, both blue/purple).


My drive from East Lansing to Potosi, MO took about 8 hours. I set my timer while beading.  I finished the purple bangle in 6 hours and the little purple earrings took about a half hour.  Not bad, I thought the bangle would take longer, I have been working more on the Pattern Play Bangles, as they get wider they're slower to stitch, but keeping these smaller certainly cuts the time down.

Since I was making these bangles particularly for myself I decided to make them 4 seed beads smaller around than my usual bangle size. They are snug to slip on but work perfectly.


These photos aren't bad for my cell phone-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-hotel photo shoot.  Hopefully I'm happy with how they look with the dresses! And Linda thought that I wouldn't be able to whip something up in time :)  I may work on a larger pair of earrings on the next leg of our drive.

No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...