Friday, January 23, 2015

Car Meets Bicycle

In the bicycling world, car and bicycle meeting on the road usually is not a happy outcome, especially for the bike and/or rider.  It seems its a similar outcome for my beaded bike bracelet too.   My friend who is an avid biker and wears one of my "Bicycle Race" bangles religiously was almost too scared to tell me that she had taken the bangle off, put it in her lap, gotten out of her car and it fell in the road. She also didn't realize that this had happened for a while, so when she went back, the bracelet was pretty beat up.


I told her I'd like to see just how bad it is, and also how well it held up.  Glass seed beads run over by who knows how many cars I wasn't too hopeful, but I could re-use the beads when I made her a new one.

I have to say that I'm really impressed at how well it held up! Its bangle shape is still sturdy and there are a number of broken beads out, however the rest of the beads are hanging in there, almost as if nothing happened in some of its parts.


A repair like this is pretty big, and there are enough beads out that many black threads would be showing on the inside of the bangle. I usually just pop a few new beads in and push the threads to the inside but in this case I'm going to make a new one.  


No comments:

Pantone Color of 2024: Peach Fuzz Bracelet and Huggie Earrings

I usually like to do something with the Pantone Color of the year when it comes out, this year is Peach Fuzz, which doesn't feel very e...