Thursday, January 1, 2015

NYE Earrings


Happy 2015!!!! I posted yesterday with the bracelet and a small pair of earrings that I had made to go with the dresses that I packed for our New Year's Eve Gala. I had been looking at Pinterest for some inspiration for a larger pair of earrings and I ran into a number of lacy crocheted and tatted earrings and thought maybe I could go with that look with my 15/0 seed beads. 

On the drive from Missouri to Hot Springs, Arkansas I started looping off of a St. Ptersburg chain base and I was really pleased with the above results.  I want to play with this style a lot more now!

I had my hair styled at the salon at the Arlington Hotel which came out really poofy. Different for me, but fun.  I didn't realize that my hair could go that big really.  So I decided on the full length (senior prom) dress and the earrings were big enough to show from under my hair.  The Gala event was wonderful and we danced to a live big band at the Arlington's Crystal Ballroom.  2015 is already off to a better start than 2014.  I'm ready to do this!

No comments:

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...