Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hive Bangle and Earrings

Hive Earrings $55.00

Among the slew of designs coming out in this year's spring fashion, I've noticed a lot of geometric patterns.  The first two patterns that always some to mind for my own designing are checkers and hexagons.  The hexagons come from my dad beekeeping and prolonged exposure to honeycomb, that sweet, addictive sugar that only honeybees can make.

Hive Bangle $320.00

So when I'm a little stumped and just want to play and create, I'll lean towards one of those patterns.  I didn't really pattern out this bangle, I just started making rows of honeycomb, then it grew a bit larger than expected. It's a little narrower than my usual bangles due to the bead count, so with it's width it's definitely a fit for a smaller hand.


You can check this new set out this weekend (April 8-10, 2016) at my Trunk Show along with my showing of my latest weaving:"She Was Lost in the Woods and Followed the Sound of Your Waves" at Grove Gallery & Studios.



No comments:

Yes, And: Second Sample and Checker Colors

Before I got going on the full-sized weaving for " Yes, And " I tried a second sample warp with a little bit of color in the black...