Sunday, May 29, 2016

Upcoming June Classes!

I have been so busy prepping and making sure I have enough beads, needles and thread that I've been forgetting to post reminders on workshops that I'm teaching in June.


On June 11, 2016 I will be at the 577 Foundation for Fiber 577 Workshops.  I'm teaching 2 half-day classes.  The 577 Foundation is located in Perrysburg, Ohio.  It has the cutest downtown so if I were you I'd plan on staying later or the entire weekend.  I also suggest checking out Grand Rapids, Ohio, which also has an adorable downtown (and pop into Angelwood Gallery who carries my jewelry).
The first is Two Drop Peyote Stitch which is my beginning beadweaving class.  As of Tuesday this week, this class still had 3 openings.  This is 9am-1pm.  This cost of this class is a steal.  You can register HERE.

The second class is Russian Leaf Stitch, this is a more intricate beadweaving stitch so the class limit is smaller and there was only one opening as of Tuesday.  This is We have a lot to cover in 3 hours (noon-1:00 is lunch).  You can register for Russian Leaf HERE.


On June 24 and 25 (Friday and Saturday), I am offering a 2 day Russian Leaf Class at Interlochen College of Arts.  The first day we will learn the basics of the Russian Leaf Stitch (pictured above).  The second day we will review and then move on to turning the leaf into a pod form (pictured below).  As we work, I will discuss how I use these pieces in my work, but also the many variations that these components are useful for.  I love teaching Russian Leaf in 2 or 3 days because it really gives everyone time to practice the stitch (of course there's take-home directions too), and combine the pieces they're making.
You can register for Russian Leaf at Interlochen HERE.







No comments:

Neon with Muted Greens and Tan Jewelry Multi Loop Checker Earrings and Bangle

Between perusing Pinterest for current color ideas and watching the movie  Poor Things  I had the urge to play more with the neon green-yell...