Monday, October 3, 2016

New Mouse for Pain Relief


In the past year I have been spending even more time at a computer (picking up more hours at the office along with staying on top of my blog, marketing, social media, emails and applications for my artwork) and in the past few months been having some paint in my wrist and elbow.  I am aware of the many issues with my type of work from growing up around other fiber artists.  I pay attention to my gangleion cycst, and I try to always stretch to keep carpal tunnel and tendonitis away.

I must have been stretching or rubbing my right arm while standing in line at the UP Beerfest because the lady next to me inquired.  I told her about the recent shooting pain into my elbow and she told me her story.... She works at a computer and had hit a point where her tendonitis was so bad, she was wearing a sling for a year...it still didn't help. She said that a more erginomic mouse was suggested, a vertical mouse.  So I dropped one into my Amazon wishlist while waiting in line so that i wouldn't forget what it was called.

I am at a computer at work most of the time (4 days a week), so I ordered one from Staples for the office computer.  It's been a few weeks and I have had zero pain shooting up into my elbow. My wrist is still a little sore, but that could be from all the beading. (I have 2 new show spaces for November/December, gotta get on that.)




No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...