Monday, February 26, 2018

Retro Small Bangle and Earrings


I'm excited to say that I've put myself on the artist vendor list for Bridgefest in Lansing on June 21, 2018.  I haven't done any sort of outdoor tent/art fair sort of thing in years so I figured I'd dip my toes back into it to see how it feels. That being said, I'm trying to put together more stock that's $100 and under, which means smaller, more geometric bangles and lots of earrings. 


I think I pulled this black/white and teal mix due to the current color at the women's clothing store I work at.  The bangle above turned out very retro looking to me.  Like when MTV came out (back when it still played only music videos).  I didn't have cable growing up but it was still part of the pop-culture that surrounded me. 

You can purchase the bangle HERE.


I liked the bangle enough to put together matching earrings.
You can purchase the earrings HERE.



Tiny layering bangles are becoming a big focus for color play.  


(This is the MTV that I remember!)

Moving on.... I also got out my larger bead kit/case to start in on a bangle that I finished drafting last night.  I'm trying out ginkgo leaves, inspired by Rhea who owns Old Town General Store.  Another pop-up I'm doing is My Arts Night Out in Old Town Lansing on May 4, 2018.  We are a regular customer at OTGS and she's getting her artist line-up in early!  I know she's an amazing gardener and I asked what some of her favorite plants were, ginkgo was the first thing that came to mind, so I'm going to see about doing a few of "Reah's Favorites" for this show.



No comments:

Golden Boundary Bangle [nope.]

It's interesting, a couple weeks ago at the Ann Arbor Fiberarts Guild meeting I was asked if I was still making jewelry and the short an...